I am a senior lawyer, within Court of Protection that is part of a larger Wills, trusts and probate team. I assist, advise, prepare and register lasting powers of attorney and deputyship applications, for property and affairs and health and welfare. I also provide advice for all aspects of Court of Protection.
I have a passion for advising and representing individuals and/or family members, and have built extensive knowledge and expertise within Court of Protection.
I am a keen, pragmatic and analytical person and have a particular strength in building and fostering positive working relationships with clients. I am also compassionate and understanding to assist with clients who are often dealing with sensitive and difficult circumstances.
I have expertise in:
- Mental capacity and best interests
- Deprivation of liberty safeguards
- Court of Protection health and welfare and financial matters, including deputyships applications.
- Office of Public Guardian and lasting powers of attorney
- Direct payments
- Complaints to the local government and the Parliamentary and Health Ombudsmen
- Challenging social care or continuing healthcare assessments
I qualified as a solicitor in 2015 and joined Hertfordshire County Council’s Adult, Health and Education department. I became a senior lawyer within the team in 2019 and grew my expertise in Court of Protection.
In 2022, I joined Guile Nicholas Solicitors as Deputy Head of Court of Protection managing a team, before moving to Debenhams Ottaway in September 2023.