If you have been injured in a road traffic accident in which you were the driver or passenger and the accident was not your fault, we can help you with claiming compensation. We can also assist you if you are a pedestrian, motorcyclist, or pedal cyclist involved in a collision in which you were injured.

Compensation is claimed from the insurance company of the person responsible for the accident, and the aim of making a claim is to compensate you for the injuries that you have suffered (physical and emotional), and to put you back in the position you were before you had the accident.

For example, your injuries may be so severe that you have been unable to go to work, and you may have lost earnings as a result. You may have incurred other losses and expenses as a result of the injury, such as travelling expenses to and from medical appointments, prescription charges and the cost of medical treatment. It is important that you keep hold of receipts if you would like to make any claims for losses and expenses and our team can help with your claim.

In order to make a personal injury claim, we need to prove that the other person who collided with you was negligent, and we also need to prove that the accident caused your injuries. Medical reports will need to be obtained from consultants and experts in their fields in order to provide our evidence.

We also have access to a network of treatment and rehabilitation providers who assess your injuries, and ensure that you receive the correct treatment and rehabilitation.

If you are involved in an accident, it is important to obtain details of the person who you believe to be responsible for the accident – their full name, contact details, vehicle registration, and their insurance details. It is also useful to obtain names and contact details of any witnesses to the accident, as they may be able to provide key evidence in your case, especially if liability is in dispute. For us, the most important piece of information that you can provide is the vehicle registration for the person responsible. Even if you weren’t able to obtain their insurance information, we can look this up by doing a simple search on the Motor Insurers Database.

If you are unfortunate enough to be hit by an uninsured or even untraced driver, we may still be able to help you by making a claim against the Motor Insurers Bureau (MIB). The MIB is a government organisation which assists victims of negligent uninsured and untraced motorists to obtain compensation. More information can be found on the MIB website.

There are strict time limits on making personal injury claims. You must make the claim by the third anniversary of your accident. Claims for children are slightly different, in that they have up until their 21st birthday to make the claim. However our advice is still to avoid any delays, as the longer you wait, the more difficult it may become to prove that the accident caused the injuries.

Our team will guide you through the process of making a claim in a straightforward manner so that you are confident you will obtain the right amount of compensation.

If you have been involved in a road traffic accident that was not your fault, contact us today and a member of our personal injury team will help you with your claim.