Our employment team is hosting a St Albans Chamber of Commerce Business Seminar on Menopause and The Workplace on Thursday 12 May.
Join senior employment lawyer, Michael Kerrigan and menopause specialist Dr Wendy Molefi for an informative seminar that explores why it’s so important for your business to support anyone who is impacted by menopause and the practical steps you can take to avoid potential menopause-related employment tribunals in the future. The session is valuable for business owners, HR professionals and anyone with line management responsibility.
Michael Kerrigan, senior employment lawyer at Debenhams Ottaway will explore
- Menopause symptoms – do they qualify as a disability?
- What legal protection is currently out there for you and your employees?
- The practical steps you can take to support your people impacted by menopause and avoid future menopause-related employment tribunals
- Recent menopause-related Employment Tribunals and how the courts currently approach these cases
- The future landscape of menopause from an employment law perspective
Dr Wendy Molefi, Menopause Specialist and founder of Vita Wellness Clinic will cover
- How a menopausal colleague may be feeling and what physical and emotional symptoms they might be experiencing
- How the menopause may affect a person and therefore their performance at work
- Understanding and supporting a colleague with the menopause
Date: Thursday 12 May 20212
Time: 10.00am – 11.30am
Venue: Debenhams Ottaway, Ivy House, St Peter’s Street, St Albans, AL1 3EW
For more information or to book your place, please visit the St Albans Chamber of Commerce website
The contents of this article are intended for general information purposes only and shall not be deemed to be, or constitute legal advice. We cannot accept responsibility for any loss as a result of acts or omissions taken in respect of this article.