We are looking for a team administrator to provide a fully effective service to clients of DO by providing administrative assistance to the Conveyancing team.
Activities will be varied and will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Providing administrative support in relation to the Conveyancer’s caseload to ensure that standards of matter conduct, file management, administration, and accounting are maintained at all times.
- To provide a courteous and efficient service to clients.
- Answer the telephone or meet clients who call into the office without an appointment on behalf of the Conveyancer, answering queries and taking messages where appropriate and making appropriate file notes.
- Dealing with new business enquiries and obtaining the information required to provide an accurate costs estimate.
- Obtaining sufficient information to open a file.
- To be fully conversant with the firm’s computer systems and follow IT instructions directly and through procedures tabs.
- To work in a tidy organised manner by reducing unseemly clutter and ensure files are relocated in the cabinets provided.
- Maintain Conveyancer’s diary and make appointments.
- Organise internal and external meetings including meeting room bookings and if appropriate organising refreshments.
- Manage outgoing post and emails as required.
- Maintaining internal and client files to ensure they are up-to-date at all times.
- Collate work received from the outsourcing company including arranging necessary enclosures so that it is ready to send out.
- Liaison with the Accounts Department as appropriate to ensure timely and accurate accounts administration.
- Input onto Peppermint/Hoowla client and potential client contact details.
- Undertake administrative duties such as photocopying.
- Administration associated with the archiving of files.
- Create and maintain a tidy and well organised office environment.
- Work as part of a team, assisting with secretarial and telephone cover as required.
Skills and attributes
- Administrative experience in a professional office environment is desirable.
- Adopts a client-centered focus at all times taking responsibility for the level of client service they provide.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good telephone manner.
- Fast and accurate keyboard skills.
- Good grasp of grammar and spelling.
- Computer Literacy in relevant software packages.
- Ability to multi-task, organise, prioritise and plan.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure and with a demanding work load.
- Confident with the ability to interface and develop relationships with a variety of people.
- Organisation skills including the ability to prioritise work.
- Ability to follow instructions given.
- Good time keeping.
- Professional appearance.
To apply for the role please send your CV to Alexandra Langley – firstname.lastname@example.org
We operate a preferred supplier list for all permanent, contract and temporary recruitment.
If you are interested in being part of our PSL, please email us and we will supply you with a copy of our terms.
We ask you not to send CVs or terms of business to or make contact with our staff, management or partners outside of HR, unless you have been authorised by our HR team to do so.
Any CVs sent contrary to this policy will will not be accepted as introductions in accordance with any terms of business that are sent to us and/or our terms. We reserve the right to make direct contact with the candidate without entering into your TOB. Agencies who are part of our PSL found bypassing this process may result in us terminating our working relationship with you.
All CVs need to be sent to Alexandra Langley at our recruitment email address – email@example.com