We are currently looking for a senior marketing executive to work with the marketing and business development manager and director of client services to
- implement the firm’s marketing strategy to ensure the team and the wider firm is maximising the latest opportunities in line with the brand and firm strategy
- develop and strengthen the firm’s brand
- help develop a strong client-centred approach across Debenhams Ottaway.
- Own and drive content creation with the support of the business development and marketing assistant
- Work with the website hosting company and Debenhams Ottaway IT team to make sure the website functions correctly
- Continually work to optimise the content for strong SEO whilst maintaining the right look and feel
- Have a key role in projects to improve the content and structure of the website
- Monitor website performance using Google Analytics and report interesting stats to key stakeholders.
- Actively plan and manage the content for all of Debenhams Ottaway’s social media channels. Ensure they are updated regularly with new content to help increase the profile of the firm and its people and drive visitors to the website
- Coordinate external social media training and provide ad-hoc support to lawyers when required
- Interact with our audience on social media and review analytics
- Create and send email alerts/events invitations/newsletters via our email marketing platform using mailing lists from our CRM system. Monitor the results and support the maintenance of the platform.
Content creation/ editing
- Create new and engaging content for website/ social channels/ intranet whilst maintaining the Debenhams Ottaway style / tone of voice.
Manage advertising and sponsorships
- Liaise with the publications and lawyers, advise on the subject and copy and supply artwork by the deadline, coordinate key events that the firm/teams sponsor.
- Manage virtual and physical events hosted or sponsored by Debenhams Ottaway with support from the business development and marketing assistant and other practice support teams
- Manage the relationship with our photographer and/or videographer, schedule shoots.
Project manage legal directories
- Agree and implement a process to collate and send submissions by the deadline and coordinate interviews with the researcher, supported by the business development and marketing assistant.
- Collate client survey results and circulate, update the website with the latest stats and ask lawyers to contact clients who have left positive reviews to provide a Google review.
- Ensure brand guidelines are maintained internally and by any external party (printers, publishers, sponsors).
- Work with others in practice support to send internal comms.
- report on marketing budget and flag with the business development and marketing manager the teams that aren’t spending or overspending
- manage the starters and leavers process with support from the business development and marketing assistant – set up introduction marketing meetings, organise website profile and headshot
- collate and distribute marketing/BD and client experience reports ahead of partner meetings.
Skills and attributes:
- Previous marketing experience gained in professional services
- Marketing degree or qualification such as CIM, or working towards this
- Strong computer literacy in relevant software packages – Word, Excel, PowerPoint (intermediate)
- Clear verbal and written communication skills with an ability to engage effectively with a range of individuals, both within and outside the organisation
- Experience in setting up and running successful email and social media campaigns
- Experience with maintaining a CMS (website platform)
- Knowledge of the following platforms is useful: Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Hootsuite, Google Analytics, Microsoft Dynamics, WordPress
- Design skills and InDesign, Photoshop or Canva knowledge is a bonus
- Organisation skills including the ability to prioritise work
- High standards of professionalism
- Socially confident
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to cope with pressure and maintain a calm manner at all times.
To apply for the role please send your CV to Alexandra Langley – firstname.lastname@example.org
We operate a preferred supplier list for all permanent, contract and temporary recruitment.
If you are interested in being part of our PSL, please email us and we will supply you with a copy of our terms.
We ask you not to send CVs or terms of business to or make contact with our staff, management or partners outside of HR, unless you have been authorised by our HR team to do so.
Any CVs sent contrary to this policy will will not be accepted as introductions in accordance with any terms of business that are sent to us and/or our terms. We reserve the right to make direct contact with the candidate without entering into your TOB. Agencies who are part of our PSL found bypassing this process may result in us terminating our working relationship with you.
All CVs need to be sent to Alexandra Langley at our recruitment email address – email@example.com