We are looking for a receptionist/administrator to provide front of house cover, administrative support and additional legal support to the firm’s Radlett office as well as to ensure an excellent client experience for all those attending or calling the firm.
This is a part time role working Monday to Friday from 11:30 am to 4:00 pm.
Activities will be varied and will include, but are not limited to, the following:
Front of House
Perform the following tasks in a prompt, efficient, professional and courteous manner:
- Answer the switchboard within 4 rings and screen/direct calls as necessary
- Understand the key services offered at Radlett and St Albans and who to direct enquiries to
- Work as part of an integrated team with all receptionists and the facilities team
- Take and relay messages
- Provide information to callers
- Attend to visitors and clients including meet and greet and taking coats, offering refreshments etc
- All incoming mail to be sorted, dated, allocated and delivered to addressee
- Sort and frank outgoing post
- Top up of the franking machine and purchase of postage stamps
- Organise special deliveries and couriers.
- Oversee office petty cash, including maintaining float, paying expenses, monthly reconciliation and liaison with Accounts department
- Date and register all incoming cheques and supply details to Accounts
- Radlett and Borehamwood file retrieval and storage for archives
- Maintenance of register for Wills and deeds
- Process requests for file and deed retrievals
- Monitor stationery, catering and IT consumable levels and prepare orders as necessary
- Manage meeting room bookings for fee-earners
- Act as a witness for Will signings etc.
- Carry out photocopying and scanning.
- Draft legal forms (e.g. AP1 & SDLT)
- Preparation of searches, contract reports, completion statements and invoices
- File applications with the Land Registry
- Draft letters
- Open and archive files
- Phone banks for redemption statements.
- Undertake overflow copy typing provided direct from other secretaries in the office
- Update database for engrossing documents
- Assist with weekly testing of fire alarm
- Carry out any other reasonable ad hoc duties in order to support the administration function of the Company.
Skills and attributes
- Previous administration and receptionist experience gained in a professional, office environment would be essential
- Smart and professional appearance
- Experience of working in a law firm would be preferable
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- High standard of client care, including the ability to deal with difficult individuals
- Handle multitasking – phone/people/queries
- Flexible approach to work, going the extra mile
- Organisational skills including the ability to prioritise work
- Ability to follow instructions given
- Ability to cope with pressure and maintain a calm manner at all times
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Good time keeping
- Computer literacy in relevant software packages.
To apply for the role please send your CV to Alexandra Langley – firstname.lastname@example.org
We operate a preferred supplier list for all permanent, contract and temporary recruitment.
If you are interested in being part of our PSL, please email us and we will supply you with a copy of our terms.
We ask you not to send CVs or terms of business to or make contact with our staff, management or partners outside of HR, unless you have been authorised by our HR team to do so.
Any CVs sent contrary to this policy will will not be accepted as introductions in accordance with any terms of business that are sent to us and/or our terms. We reserve the right to make direct contact with the candidate without entering into your TOB. Agencies who are part of our PSL found bypassing this process may result in us terminating our working relationship with you.
All CVs need to be sent to Alexandra Langley at our recruitment email address – email@example.com