We are currently looking for a practice support assistant to provide support across the practice support team to include facilities, IT, finance, compliance and HR based at St Albans. This role is full time initially on a 6 month fixed term contract.
Activities will be varied and will include, but are not limited to, the following
- Monitoring and allocation of incoming funds.
- Communication with fee earners and support staff.
- Complete cheque register.
- Overseeing the current storage project, archiving and arrangement of confidential waste.
- Assist with office moves and ensuring floor plans are accurate.
- Setting up of meetings and events including post event clear down.
- Undertake research.
- Assist with purchasing and general administration for the buildings.
Assist with general IT administration to include:
- New starter and leaver forms
- Change requests.
- Ordering of equipment.
- Assist with leavers, joiners and movers processes.
- Oversee the Supplier SharePoint site.
- Assist in information gathering between HR and Compliance.
- Assist with data inputting onto HR system.
General firm wide support
- Arranging staff gifts and treats as needed.
- Assist with CSR and other staff event initiatives.
Skills and attributes:
- Computer literacy in relevant software packages (Word, Excel & Outlook)
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Capable of prioritising different and sometimes conflicting demands either on own initiative or through manager’s support
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Reliable with good time keeping and punctuality
- Flexible attitude to work
- Ability to maintain discretion when it comes to confidential matters
- Capable of manual handling
- Takes initiative to find work in quiet periods
- Ability to follow instructions given
- Ability to cope with pressure and maintain a calm manner at all times
- Service driven and willing to ‘go the extra mile’ for internal and external clients
- A full clean driving licence with the ability to drive a small van is desirable
To apply for the role please send your CV to Alexandra Langley – email@example.com
We operate a preferred supplier list for all permanent, contract and temporary recruitment.
If you are interested in being part of our PSL, please email us and we will supply you with a copy of our terms.
We ask you not to send CVs or terms of business to or make contact with our staff, management or partners outside of HR, unless you have been authorised by our HR team to do so.
Any CVs sent contrary to this policy will will not be accepted as introductions in accordance with any terms of business that are sent to us and/or our terms. We reserve the right to make direct contact with the candidate without entering into your TOB. Agencies who are part of our PSL found bypassing this process may result in us terminating our working relationship with you.
All CVs need to be sent to Alexandra Langley at our recruitment email address – firstname.lastname@example.org