Position: Marketing and BD manager (Maternity Cover 3-6 months FTC) – Practice Support Team (St Albans)
Team: Practice Support Group (PSG)
Location: St Albans
Debenhams Ottaway is an award-winning legal services firm in St Albans with offices in Radlett and a presence in London. Known for our friendly culture and our dedication to client care and service, we continuously strive for excellence in everything we do.
This role is for an experienced, hands-on generalist business development/marketing professional who can help drive a range of business development and CRM activities, manage the ongoing growth of the brand, and support our marketing activities.
As part of the practice support group you will work with all partners, lawyers and practice support teams across the business.
- Working with each sector and service team to develop and implement marketing and BD plans
- Developing social media channels
- Reviewing the current website, identifying improvements and working with suppliers to implement those improvements, including SEO and PPC
- Supporting the development of outstanding client experience
- Working with the practice areas on directories (Legal 500 and Chambers)
- End-to end management of marketing projects regarding collateral, events and seminars for all practice areas across the firm
- Brand management
- Creating responses to tender/pitch documentation (not a large component of the role)
- PR relating to press releases and editorial content, including working with our PR consultant
- Working with design agencies in connection with our literature and advertising requirements
- Managing our sponsorship and advertising campaigns
- Monitoring and reporting on the marketing budget
- Carrying out market research and competitor analysis
- Key role in management of the firm’s CRM data including data integrity
- Management of the senior marketing executive and joint management of the senior BD executive
Skills and attributes:
- 5 years + experience in a dedicated B2B marketing role
- Solid experience within professional services (ideally 5 years +)
- Ability to manage projects and budgets
- Ability to liaise with all stakeholders in the firm with an ability to develop clear campaign/project plans and monitor results
- Strong communication skills – oral, verbal and written
- Focused on delivering service
- Used to working with a range of stakeholders
- Working with and through people to get results
- Advanced MS Office skills
- Interest in and understanding of digital marketing theory and social media optimisation
- Flexibility with core hours given events are hosted early or later in the day at our Radlett and St Albans Offices
Key Desirable Skills
- Chartered Institute of Marketing or a graduate in a marketing related area
- Good understanding of DTP such as InDesign and Photoshop or other systems
- B2B marketing
- Exposure to marketing to a private client base and elements of B2C segmentation
- Working with external agencies including PR
- Developing clear marketing collateral
- Using a CRM system
We operate a preferred supplier list for all permanent, contract and temporary recruitment.
If you are interested in being part of our PSL, please email us and we will supply you with a copy of our terms.
We ask you not to send CVs or terms of business to or make contact with our staff, management or partners outside of HR, unless you have been authorised by our HR team to do so.
Any CVs sent contrary to this policy will will not be accepted as introductions in accordance with any terms of business that are sent to us and/or our terms. We reserve the right to make direct contact with the candidate without entering into your TOB. Agencies who are part of our PSL found bypassing this process may result in us terminating our working relationship with you.
All CVs need to be sent to Zahra Solomon at our recruitment email address – email@example.com